J.P. Hoffman Design Build a residential design, build and general contracting company serving homeowners south of Boston. We are a growing, remodeling company with plenty of work and growth opportunities for the right individual. We are a family owned firm who exists to produce a home and community where integrity, fine craft, beauty, utility and family happiness endures. The right candidate is someone committed to these values and who strives to cultivate: lasting relationships that enrich the lives of our clients and our team, someone with the tools, practices and principles of fine craftsmanship and someone passionate for the trade in the next generation of builders.
We attract clientele who value a talented team. We strive to bring their vision to reality. Our clients rely on us to be their trusted advisor, following our process through the design and build. All while maintaining transparent communication.
Our carpentry team is growing! We are seeking a dedicated Lead Carpenter, committed to producing a quality experience for our clients with leadership, excellent customer service, superior products and fine craftsmanship. We focus on residential remodels such as: kitchen and bathroom remodels, additions, basement refinishing, historic restorations and whole-home renovations.
A Mass Construction Supervisor License (CSL restricted or unrestricted) is required. Or you must agree to acquire one within an agreed time frame. We will also require a Mass Lead Safe Renovator and OSHA 10 certification upon hire or an agreement that you will obtain them within a specific time frame.
This is a W-2 position with benefits for those willing to stay and growing with us. Including: vacation, sick and holiday pay. As well as health/dental care, a retirement plan and cell phone reimbursement.
The Lead Carpenter is responsible for following the Lead Carpenter Production system. Managing and producing projects on time and on budget, while providing excellent communication and customer service. This position requires that you perform finish carpentry on the job while supervising and managing/servicing the subcontractors and customer. The ideal candidate is someone always looking to hone their craft in an efficient manner. This person is passionate about being a tradesperson and always conducts themselves with integrity, honesty, fairness and professionalism. The right person is a team player with a willing attitude to learn from those before them and a confident leader to inspire and teach those around them.
We’re searching for a seasoned carpenter or an existing Lead Carpenter currently employed with another firm, who is looking for a growth opportunity with a reputable and stable company.
Experience in the NARI or NAHB Lead Carpenter System is acceptable.
The individual we seek is responsible, mature, clean cut, has 7 or more years remodeling experience, has a valid driver’s license with truck and tools, has a great can do attitude and most of all is a team player. We offer competitive compensation for the right individual based upon experience and credentials.
UNIQUE ABILITIES PROVIDED BY YOU
• Follow direction, can work from building plans and blueprints and meet the needs of our clients
• Will learn and adhere to our company policies and procedures.
• Can meet or exceed expectations running projects on budget and completing on schedule
• Layout and install stairs, doors, windows, trim cabinets, kitchens and baths.
• Measure cut, or shape wood, composite, fiberglass, drywall and other materials
• Construct building frameworks including walls, joists, and frames
• Inspect and replace damaged framework and adjacent structures
• Ability to diagnose and remedy older structures in need of repair or renovation
• Works safely at all times and wear company provided safety gear as required
• Maintain and complete any and all company required paperwork related to the project
• Instruct and direct laborers and subcontractors as needed
• Computer literate and proficient with Excel, Word and Email
• Can run multiple jobs simultaneously while maintaining budgets and schedules
• Has excellent communication skills and works well with homeowners in the high-end remodeling market
• Has clean and presentable appearance
We will conduct a background check prior to an employment offer. Please send your resume with your complete work experience and references. We will only contact references once we have interviewed you. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage qualified veterans and women to apply. Applicants must be able to lift more than 50lbs on a regular basis.
We are based out of Bridgewater, MA and travel to projects within 60 minutes of the workshop. Workdays usually start and end on the jobsite.
• Competitive wages commensurate with experience and performance
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Referral program
• Retirement plan